Have you lived most of your life and felt not quite happy in your body? Well, then this episode of The Psychology of Eating Podcast is for you. Eating psychology expert Marc David speaks to 52-year-old Tanya about her challenges around eating and body image. Marc helps Tanya move away from perfectionism, forgive herself, and learn to embrace her Queenhood.
- Tanya, 52, has been concerned with her appearance since age 10 or 12, and still has a challenging relationship with food and her body. She has undergone therapy in the past and now speaks to Marc David of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating.
- Messages from the media trains people – especially women – to think that they are only acceptable if they are a certain age and size, and if they look a certain way. This causes women to question whether they are lovable in and of themselves.
- A younger woman's mind can get caught up in the perfectionism and the need to be a certain way, which can be elusive, unrealistic and undesirable. It is important to step out of this need for perfectionism and stop judging one’s eating, body, weight etc.
- Stepping into one’s Queenhood means becoming more involved with one's community and making a difference. At this time in her life, a woman comes into her own, and stops relying on others for her self-worth.
- A good Queen has compassion and forgives not only others around, but also herself. She is forgiving of her own imperfections, and if one day didn’t go as planned, or if she wasn’t on her best behavior, that’s OK.
With his dual training in clinical nutrition and psychology, Marc David has spent the last 40 years helping people around the world heal their relationship with food. As the founder of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, he reaches millions each year through his books, speaking engagements, celebrated podcast series, and his internationally-acclaimed Mind Body Eating Coach Certification Training.
Having your own challenges with food and body? Post your questions in the comment box below or get in touch with us directly.