Are you ready to transform your relationship with food in a lasting and meaningful way? What if you could help others find the path to greater freedom and joy with food as well?
Getting Out of The Trap of Endless Dieting
Did you know that an estimated 45 million Americans go on a diet every year? Many of these same people are actually chronic dieters - meaning they’ve been on a diet for many years. And what’s even more shocking is that so many dieters never achieve lasting success for themselves; they either never get to their desired weight, or they only do so for a short time and then put the weight right back on.
If you’ve been dieting for years without lasting results, it might be time to take a different approach. Watch today’s episode to learn more about how to get out of the trap of endless dieting!
- The majority of people I work with over the years report that they achieved their weight loss goal with extreme dieting, often accompanied by intense exercise. In other words, they got where they wanted to go by unsustainable measures.
- The interesting thing is that so many people have the false belief that, “When I look or weigh differently, then I'll be happy.” By the way, you didn't invent this kind of thinking, if you have it. The world did.
- Diets don't work because when we consistently eat in a way that is too low in calories for the body, which means too low in nutrition, too low in essential nutrients, and too low in what the body needs as its energy requirements...When we do that, our metabolism adjusts downwards over time.
- Dieting instructs the body very directly to store fat and to not build muscle. Muscle tissue, by the way, is by far and away the main source of calorie burning in the body. So you want your body creating muscle.
- Your job is to learn how to nourish yourself with food. Your job is to learn how to be an eater.
Interested in becoming a certified coach in eating psychology? Then tune in to hear Marc talk about our Mind Body Eating Coach Certification Training, and download a copy of our School Catalog: https://psychologyofeating.com/info-kit/
Learn our powerful, cutting-edge approach, and discover how you can create a unique career helping others find peace and freedom with food.